A beautiful cake with a delightfully tart kick!
- 150g spelt flour
- 125g butter
- 3 eggs
- 100g of brown sugar
- 1 packet of yeast
- 2 tbsp of Moringa Matcha Tea
- 2 drops of bergamot essential oil to taste (optional)
- 2 drops of lemon essential oil to taste (optional)
- 50g of grilled sesame seeds (5 minutes in the pan)
- 40g of candied ginger
- 40g of candied lemon
- 40g of candied orange
- 1/2 lemon’s juice and zest
- 1 1/2 tsp. rum
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 356°F
- In a mixing bowl, add in the flour with yeast, Moringa Matcha powder, sesame seeds, candied fruits, and lemon zest. Mix evenly together.
- In another mixing bowl, add in the eggs with sugar and beat together with a whisk until frothed.
- Add in melted butter, essential oils, rum, and lemon juice. Mix well, and then evenly incorporate into the first mixing bowl.
- Place parchment paper in a cake pan, and pour evenly.